Don't worry, it's easy! Our Skins come with a special weaved adhesive that allows for easy application and goo-free removal. Any one can do it.
You do not need any special tools but the following will help.
- A flat, clean and dry surface to work on
- A slightly damp paper towel or cloth
- A dry paper towel or cloth
- A pin or paper clip
- Wash your hands with soap and water to remove any natural oils and grease. Dry thoroughly after washing.
- Work on a flat and clean surface with good lighting so that you can see what you're doing and avoid getting dirt, stray hair or kitchen crumbs stuck on the Skin.
- Clean your device properly using a slightly damp paper towel or cloth to remove any grease or stains. Do not use alcohol or any other solvents - only use water. It is important to clean the device properly as any residue grease (such as facial oil - hey, it's sometimes pressed against our faces) will affect the ability of the Skin adhesive to stick to the device.
- Dry your device well using the dry paper towel or cloth, ensuring that there's no water left.
- Look at the Skin layout and identify where each piece should go on the device.
- Peel the Skin off the backing card gently and poke out any tiny cutouts (such as the microphone and speaker cutouts) with a pin or paperclip as you peel.
- Place the Skin onto the device, aligning the Skin cutouts to the physical elements on the device (such as the buttons, camera, trackpad or speakers). If you made a mistake, simply peel off gently and realign. Take your time and ensure that you are happy with the alignment before you press down.
- When you are happy with the alignment, press down firmly all around (especially at the edges), then sit back and admire the beauty of your work.
Don't worry if you accidentally mess up the Skin application. We'll replace your damaged Skin for free!